08/28/15 : Interaction Designer in Boston, Massachusetts
08/18/15 : UX Designer in Boston, Massachusetts
08/17/15 : Web Developer in Durham, North Carolina
08/14/15 : UI / UX Designer in Boston, Massachusetts
08/12/15 : UX Designer in Boston, Massachusetts
08/12/15 : UX Project Manager in Burlington, Massachusetts
08/10/15 : UX Designer in Boston, Massachusetts
08/04/15 : Interaction Designer in Boston, Massachusetts
Director of Mobile User Experience(UX) - Boston, Massachusetts
- Job Title:
- Director of Mobile User Experience(UX)
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Job Type:
- $75 - $100 / Hourly
- Ref ID:
The Director of Mobile User Experience (UX) will be responsible for leading the vision, strategy, and delivery of the mobile user experience. The Director will lead a small team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers and prototypers and is responsible for making the web users' interaction as simple and efficient as possible.
We are looking for candidates with experience in web, desktop, and mobile devices. Evidence of thinking and designing end-to-end UX projects, applying strategic thinking and business goals to designs, focusing on user feedback, and understanding the relation of visual design to the interaction.
Responsibilities of the User Experience (UX) Director:
- Provide thought leadership and unifying vision for the user experience and product design for the company.
- Create compelling designs for web applications, using interaction design wireframes and our existing look and feel as starting points, create concepts and designs for the next generation of applications.
- Participate in all aspects of user experience design to provide expertise and guidance. This participation will include interaction design, visual design, user research activities, developing design specifications and interactive prototypes.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of new and existing UX elements in the existing website, performance metrics, customer feedback, and industry standard best practices in order to continuously evolve and improve the product.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the industry, including experience as leading a UX team.
- Hands on experience in interaction design, visual design and/or user research.
- Outstanding portfolio that includes web, application, device and/or retail user experiences.
- Strong understanding of information architecture and user-centered design methodology.
- Expertise in a very wide range of user-centered design techniques including requirements gathering, concepts, wireframes, prototypes, usability research, ethnography, heuristic analysis, task analysis, use cases, personas, field testing,
- Expertise in developing and weaving together a strong interaction design, a strong visual design, and a set of research activities that work in concert to produce a seamless, effortless experience.
- Ability to coordinate effectively with Product Management, Engineering, QA, and the Executive team.
- Ability to "see through the noise" and frame the problems, identify solutions, and move your team forward
Please apply today for immediate consideration.
About Onward Search
Onward Search is the leading provider of digital marketing and creative talent in the nation. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include contract, temp-to-perm, permanent / executive search placement with the nation's best interactive agencies and most innovative companies.
Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
** This position is no longer available or the listing has been revised. Please view our other User Experience jobs or Apply to review similar available positions.