Manager, Digital Marketing - San Francisco, California
- Job Title:
- Manager, Digital Marketing
- San Francisco, California
- Job Type:
- Ref ID:
Our client has identified the need for a Digital Marketing Manager to enhance our position in the digital space. Working directly with all assigned brand groups and key marketing support functions, this role will be instrumental in initiating, nurturing and maintaining a digital connection with consumers interested in our brands. The focus of these efforts will be tied to building brand loyalty, brand engagement and driving purchase preference.
In this role, the Digital Marketing Manager will directly support the strategic development and execution of digital marketing initiatives. You will oversee projects from inception to completion including digital advertising/promotions, search marketing, mobile marketing, social media, website design/development, and email communications as well as new and emerging opportunities. As a point-person for digital efforts, you will collaborate with internal personnel and external agencies, working to successfully meet or exceed business objectives. Additional efforts tied to web analytics and digital metrics/measurements in order to adequately gauge performance, optimize initiatives, and establish best practices will also be key requirements of the position.
Digital Marketing Strategy
- Manages the design and development of innovative programs that directly align with business objectives.
- Provides ongoing strategic direction to marketing teams in relation to the opportunity and impact of digital marketing efforts.
- Keeps informed of industry activities as well as new digital strategies, resources, opportunities and techniques.
- Acts as a digital marketing subject matter expert.
- Ensures that all digital marketing programs meet our client's legal requirements.
- Leads the strategic development and execution of digital marketing projects; coordinating and architecting digital initiatives.
- Identifies, evaluates and oversees external agencies, and works across internal departments to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Sets and achieves objectives/deadlines and leads teams to successfully meet strategic imperatives.
- Works to establish organizational/departmental processes and protocols as it pertains to digital marketing execution.
- Direct digital marketing planning in a “test and learn” culture.
Analysis & Best Practices
- Works to adequately measure and optimize campaign performance while also establishing benchmarks and recommending improvements as well as best practices.
- Evaluates and reports on all aspects of digital marketing performance.
- Educates the entire organization on digital trends.
- Works with internal and external partners to ensure the successful adoption and utilization of corporate analytics systems.
- Utilizes web analytics software to evaluate digital promotional efforts including website statistics, advertising analysis, ongoing evaluation, and recommends/reports optimization tactics to leadership teams.
- Leverages corporate listening platform to evaluate performance, gauge industry trends and compile recommendations as well as best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Marketing plus
- Must have 8 + years of digital or interactive marketing experience.
- Experience working in and/or providing digital marketing services to an organization with a collection of brands. Record of working successfully across multiple functions.
- Has an advanced understanding of digital advertising and media industry trends/developments, and uses this knowledge to present business building strategies.
- Digital or interactive marketing agency experience a plus
- Proven track record of leveraging research/analysis to drive strategic direction, best practices and process improvements.
- Strong communication and creative skills across multiple mediums, ranging from written words to video and user-interface design.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence others in order to achieve strategic vision.
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with various web/digital technologies, platforms and usability practices to deliver an exceptional online consumer experience.
- Excellent computer/technical skills and familiarity with emerging digital mediums
- This individual must have strong analytical, data interpretation, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers and customers.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experienced in MS Visio and MS Project.
- Possesses a spirit of intellectual curiosity, creativity, and innovation.
- Ability to travel 25%
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch and hear.
- Ability to sit for two hour intervals and perform data entry/word processing functions.
- Should be able to lift 45 lbs on occasion.
About Onward Search
Onward Search is the leading provider of digital marketing and creative talent in the nation. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include contract, temp-to-perm, permanent / executive search placement with the nation's best interactive agencies and most innovative companies.
Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
** This position is no longer available or the listing has been revised. Please view our other Open jobs or Apply to review similar available positions.