Drupal Developer - CMS - Houston, Texas
- Job Title:
- Drupal Developer - CMS
- Houston, Texas
- Job Type:
- Ref ID:
Web Developer with Drupal
Our client is looking for a Web Developer to join their growing marketing team. The company is located in the heart of the Memorial City area in offices which overlook the Memorial City Mall. The Web Developer will support the company's web design and development efforts within the Drupal or MODX framework. This includes custom programming and web application development in Drupal or MODX in addition to standard Drupal or MODX system administrator functions. The immediate projects are the build out of 3 high profile websites which have both a consumer and business audience.
- Serve as the main resource for all marketing-related website development projects (Drupal 7 or MODX architecture)
- Serve as the technical innovator – efficiently and effectively assessing, documenting, programming and producing open source solutions that are clean, organized and well documented
- Collaborate as needed with the Marketing Director, Graphic Designer and the company's marketing agency to assess and recommend optimal web technology solutions
- Minimum 5+ years of design and development experience with B2B and B2C companies, particularly as they pertain to marketing efforts
- Minimum 3+ years of Drupal development experience
- Knowledge of SEO best practices as it relates to coding
- Proficient in PHP 5 and object-oriented patterns
- Must be capable of discussing the technical decision process as it relates to the design structure of previous projects
- References from previous projects/clients/employers are required
- Basic understanding of design principles, typography, user interfaces, Web Standards and Usability Standards
- Results-oriented with a focus on completion of on time web development work
- Fully conversant on browser compatibility, web development issues and strategies and able to handle multiple development frameworks
Samples of the applicant's contributions to the Drupal community are highly desired but not required. References are required.
About Onward Search
Onward Search is the leading provider of digital marketing and creative talent in the nation. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include contract, temp-to-perm, permanent / executive search placement with the nation's best interactive agencies and most innovative companies.
Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
** This position is no longer available or the listing has been revised. Please view our other Web Developer - Front-End jobs or Apply to review similar available positions.