A global health company located just outside Boston is seeking an Accessibility engineer to join them for a contract-to-PERM/Direct hire opportunity.
This A11Y Engineer is responsible for supporting and equipping our Product Design and Engineering teams to ensure the successful delivery of our accessible digital products.
- Partner with the Accessibility Design team in building A11y into Product Design by:
- helping understand how users experience products using Assistive Technology
- participating in and contribute to Accessible Design Decisions
- identifying how design intent affects A11y AC (Acceptance Criteria)
- Partner with Engineering teams during development ensuring A11y AC is being met by:
- ensuring feature functionality has A11y AC written / available
- helping engineers understand the A11y AC.
- answering technical how-to questions for A11y in Web, IOS & Android development.
- helping engineers test and validate A11y AC.
- Analyze validation test results looking for
- training opportunities
- engineering methods needing correction
- components needing a11y refinements
- processes lacking appropriate a11y support.
- Bring a depth of development and technical knowledge that complements and strengthens a culture beginning to apply a11y practices in design, engineering, and QA.
- Apply accessibility knowledge to a wide range of client digital properties including but not limited to responsive websites, mobile applications, hybrids, and digital documents.
- Solid experience testing with all common screen readers (JAWS, NVDA, MAC/IOS VoiceOver, TalkBack), keyboard-only, and other assistive technology.
- Ability to interpret and advise on standards, principles, and techniques for meeting accessibility success criteria (including WCAG 2.0 AA, WCAG 2.1 AA, and WAI-ARIA)
- Ability to partner with various cross-functional teams for direction and consistency
- Knowledge of Rally, Teams, Confluence and other cooperation tools
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.