Our Fortune 500 client, with a facility in DOVER, DELEWARE, is seeking an accounting talent to join their team. The ideal candidate will be a recent college grad looking to grow into an analytics career.
This role is ONSITE immediately and remote candidates will not be considered. The team has safety measures in place such as nurses screening temperature, masks, and sanitation every 4 hours.
- Assist in developing the Annual Operating Plan including product cost standards updates, bridging cost changes and preparing all applicable AOP schedules
- Compile data to support the weekly and monthly reporting of actual and forecasted costs, including the development and distribution of reports to plant manufacturing management
- Perform in-depth material analysis around yield drivers and waste
- Analyze and interpret variances to target for direct expenses. Provide detailed report of variances and breakdown of KPI measures to plant management teams on a regular basis
- Identify and initiate process improvements in the financial planning and reporting systems
- Perform various financial analysis/scenario studies
- Monitor facility’s accounts payable process to ensure accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of payments.
- Ensure completion of month end close requirements (journal entries, SAP, LPR) and monthly reporting of results including analysis of the drivers of results
- Be an active member and contributor to the plant leadership team, including training and feedback to users of financial information and support of frontline leaders
- Establish and maintain internal controls consistent with corporate requirements and good business practice. Ensure inventory controls are working effectively
- Provide leadership for financial integrity, strong controls and transactional activities, including SAP daily/weekly/monthly responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting/Finance or similar degree
- Technical Learning Ability
- Good understanding of General Accounting and Cost Accounting principles
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain strong controls environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to work with information
- Proficient with software such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, including the ability to create, modify and ensure accuracy of complex spreadsheets
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB