The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for accounts payable processing and entry, in an effective and efficient manner, to ensure payables are accurate and up to date, and vendors are paid in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Process vendor invoices, ensuring proper supporting documentation and approvals are obtained, and invoice is coded to correct general ledger account, department, and project, prior to payment
• Respond to vendor inquiries and resolve outstanding issues in a timely manner, which may include working with various internal departments
• Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
• Input new data, update existing and verify accuracy of updated vendor files
• Operate accounting software to record, store, and analyze information
• Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business with an accounting/finance emphasis
• 3+ years accounts payable and general accounting experience in a high-volume AP environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and ERP software including Oracle, SAP, etc.
• Knowledge of and experience with accounting principles related to classifying, recording, and summarizing data
• Detail-oriented, with flexibility and willingness to perform a variety of related tasks
• Team operating style and very effective interpersonal and communication skills are essential
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
Apply today if you fit the description above.
SHARE THIS JOB
Onward Search helps connect creative, marketing, and technology talent with top jobs at the nation's most recognized companies and digital agencies. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include freelance / contract, temp-to-perm, and permanent placement.