Our client, an advertising agency, is looking for an ACD, Copy to join their team!
ACD, Copy Responsibilities:
Creative/Hands-on Work (60%)
- Helps develop and review creative briefs with Account partners
- Works with Art partner to produce exceptional, strategically focused concepts and campaigns
- Takes on appropriate print, video, and digital projects as the lead writer
- All copy must be clear, powerful, and free of errors, as well as correctly referenced and annotated
- Works independently, often under tight deadlines, while juggling multiple brands/projects and
- Managing other writers
- Provides constructive feedback and clear direction to improve others’ work
- Understands that advertising is a service industry that sometimes requires extra time and effort to meet client commitments
- Actively participates in client meetings
- Participates in MLR reviews as needed
- Leads content presentations; helps lead concept presentations
- Helps lead brand planning and new business efforts as required
- Attends market research as appropriate
- Assigns writers best suited for each project based on ability and workload
- Manages workloads to maximize productivity of the Copy team, ensuring that everyone is billable
- Works closely with other team leads to ensure jobs stay on track with deadlines and budgets
- Guides creative execution with constructive feedback and clear direction
- Provides written and face-to-face feedback for annual performance reviews, as well as ongoing feedback throughout the year
- Identifies and interviews prospective creative candidates
- Creative leader for assigned brands in partnership with Art ACD
- Maintains excellent client relationships
- Works with Account partners to grow business with existing clients
- Works with Creative Management to address performance, workflow, and quality issues
- Leads copywriters in development of award-worthy concepts and execution of all projects
- Assures that all copywriters are trained and mentored to maintain the expectations of the agency and the client, and to meet their own career goals
- Consistently demonstrates to clients an understanding of their brands and marketing challenges, and is responsive to their strategic and creative needs
- Represents the agency at client meetings; co-presents creative work with Art partner
ACD, Copy Qualifications:
- 10-15+ years’ pharmaceutical advertising agency experience
- BA degree
- A proven track record of creative ability and judgment
- Successful client contact experience
- An excellent presenter, collaborator, manager, and mentor
- Strong marketing and strategic abilities
- Deep understanding of science and healthcare
- Strong understanding of MLR review processes and requirements
- Exceptional copywriting skills in all media
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB