Onward Search is hiring a Managing Director for an Advertising Agency client in Atlanta, GA on a perm basis
Our client is a fast-growing advertising agency in Atlanta seeking to hire a Managing Director to play a leadership role in powering its growth. The ideal candidate will be a strong marketer with agency experience and a proven track record of successfully developing and managing a business base. The individual in this role will be responsible for business development, day-to-day agency work operations, managing direct reports, and overseeing the growth and leading the agency’s fast-growing business.
- Ensure agency team is successful with execution of entire client engagement
- Respond directly to new business opportunities and work closely with the CEO to pitch prospect clients
- Plan and effectively execute new business strategies for the agency
- Oversee, lead and manage the performance of the account team
- Develop team members through coaching, mentoring, and active team leadership
- Act as a thoughtful and engaging leader – provide opportunities to develop core skills and feedback
- Develop ongoing strategic recommendations that solve business objectives for clients, above and beyond contracted client engagement
- Consult with the creative team on creative output and ensure alignment with strategic direction and client business goals.
- Consult with the digital and development team on outputs and ensure alignment with strategic direction and client business goals.
- Advertising Agency experience a must
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar applicable field is required
- Proven track record of client roster and revenue growth
- 10+ years of marketing/agency experience at a senior level
- Experience managing direct reports
- Senior strategist sought out by clients to provide counsel about marketing in different aspects and ability to manage complex client relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication, with an ability to clearly, concisely and confidently articulate information and recommendations
- Excellent presentation-building and presentation skills
- A sense of urgency, a strategic view but also willing to roll up your sleeves and dig into the work to drive impact
- A service-oriented mindset, focused on delivering high quality work, and always anticipating client and internal team needs
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment with an ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to travel 20 percent of the time
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB