This position requires exceptional external communication skills especially leading integrated large-scale consumer PR campaigns. The responsibilities of this role will be focused on understanding the business, its product objectives and establishing a proactive external communications program to promote these products. The manager will be dedicated to developing new initiatives and supporting always on programming with a strong focus on project management, media relations, content creation, distribution and analytics.
Day To Day:
• Deep understanding and ability to communicate the unique benefits, features and key issues related to product and digital tools support card products, among others
• Develop and execute long-term external communications plans showcasing products, tools and services, that ultimately drive measurable results
• Execute media outreach, leveraging key contacts and managing relationships to ensure media coverage in national and regional dailies, wires, business periodicals, broadcast media, online/social media outlets, industry trades and consumer publications
• Strong project manager with the ability to balance multiple priorities at once and collaborate with a diverse group
• Measure and evaluate program results and communicate findings effectively to a diverse audience, including senior leadership
• Strong understanding of online and traditional marketing techniques and the ability to communicate how these types of tactics can be leveraged to enhance PR outcomes.
• Lead strategic influencer programming, including identification, content development and paid amplification (in collaboration with internal partners)
• Work effectively in cross-functional teams to advance communications strategy to internal key partners and various levels, ranging from senior management to supporting staff
• Ability to effectively manage agency partners and vendors
• Work with appropriate divisions to implement specific plans to address key issues
• Draft communications materials to include strategic plans, press releases, media alerts, speeches, social media content and other communications documents for consumer and business audiences
• Demonstrate skill and genuine interest in research and analysis of current PR trends to foster new and out of the box thinking.
• Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
• At least 5 years of Public Relations experience
• Experience in creating and executing integrated consumer PR campaigns for big brands
• 5-7 years of public relations experience for a leading consumer brand (experience with brands within financial services is a plus)
• Strong written / verbal communication skills (writing sample required)
• Proven ability to work effectively with multiple constituents, including peers, executive management, senior management, giving simplicity to complex subject matters
• Deep understanding of online and traditional marketing techniques and experience leveraging them for executing successful integrated PR campaigns
• Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results, insights and learnings on a quarterly basis
• At least 2-3 years of digital marketing experience with a focus on content development, distribution and analytics
• Excellent presentation and persuasion skills; ability to present plans with confidence and execute flawlessly
• Strong project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong working knowledge of HTML, Word Press, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
• Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Acrobat, and media analysis tools
Onward Search helps connect digital, creative and marketing talent with choice jobs at the nation's most recognized companies and digital agencies. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include contract, temp-to-perm, and permanent / executive search placement.
Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V