Our client, a top insurance company, is looking for a NextGen IT Program Manager to join their Glendale, AZ team.
We are looking for an experienced program manager that whose role is to lead, oversee, and ensure the successful delivery and management of a cross-organization program focused primarily on delivering a core Infrastructure technology transformation that aligns to an Enterprise cloud operating model strategy. This role involves a number of interdependent projects that are pursued by different teams and partners in the organization. Organizing and collaborating the work of these teams along with managing the dependencies and dynamically managing change of scope, quality, and schedule is an important responsibility for this role and may require dynamic change management.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
- Provide leadership and motivation to program team leaders and members throughout the project life cycle and collaboratively outline work plan.
- Establish a work plan and staffing for program and project activities, iterations, and collaboratively arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements and allotment of available departmental resources to various project phases.
- Analyze project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations and appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
- Implement program communication plan.
- Conduct risk assessment and mitigation.
- Monitor program and project activities, ensuring the currency, quality and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the organization.
- Ensure that program and project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
- Collaborate with management to assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Prepare program status reports and review reports prepared by project personnel, and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Establish standards and procedures for program and project reporting and documentation.
- Collaborate with project teams to continuously benchmark program and project management performance to identify improvements and achieve higher capability maturity in project and portfolio management.
You should be adept at System Architecture, Agile practices of Scrum and Kanban and traditional project management. The teams manage their work using Agile methods such as Scrum and Kanban while the program should be managed using more traditional project management techniques in order to communicate program progress and status to the organization’s leadership and help manage cross-team dependencies. In this role you may need to lead Engineering teams in following Architecture best practices, collaborate with Scrum Masters to organize priorities and reporting and other activities in an effort to help the teams organize their work and collaborate on their efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in project management, business management, information technology or related field
- 3+ years of experience managing at least 2 programs
- 2+ years of experience managing traditional projects
- 1+ years of experience managing Agile projects
- Experience using Scrum and Kanban Agile practices
- Strong planning and resource management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Infrastructure System Architecture
- Certified Scrum Master
- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) Certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Program Management Professional (PgMP) Certification
- Strong knowledge of public cloud services and technologies
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
SHARE THIS JOB
Onward Search helps connect creative, marketing, and technology talent with top jobs at the nation's most recognized companies and digital agencies. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include freelance / contract, temp-to-perm, and permanent placement.