Onward Search has an exciting opportunity for a Design Strategist working with one of our top clients in McLean, VA. Our client is considered one of the top places to work and currently seeking an individual for a 6-month extendable contract. Apply today to speak with one of our associates to learn more.
- Contribute and guide teams through the human-centered design process (discovery, synthesis, ideation, design, and testing of new product and service concepts) to drive business intent and outcomes.
- Translate insights and strategy into experiential prototypes to communicate your vision through your artifacts.
- Use a range of methodologies (like design research, service blueprinting, collaborative work session design and facilitation, rapid prototyping, and frame working) to strategically define ideal banking experiences across in-person and digital touchpoints.
- Design both consumer-facing experiences and the back-of-house experiences and tools necessary to make them great.
- Constantly bring stakeholders along the design journey, leveraging diverse perspectives and skillsets. In this role, you’ll use visual and verbal storytelling to share your discoveries, gather and integrate feedback, influence stakeholders, and create energy for an idea or an initiative. Ultimately, you’ll co-create the way forward with others.
- Are excited to work with multidisciplinary teams and adept at facilitating alignment across different perspectives
- Embrace big, gnarly, problems and excel at leading teams through ambiguity
- Are a systems thinker at heart, constantly connecting and synthesizing in pursuit of concrete outcomes. Thinking at the ecosystem level comes second nature to you.
- Excel at using design to communicate complex concepts simply and always strive to make things tangible, whether they’re conversations, frameworks, or ideas
- Are as aspirational as you are practical. (As far as banks go, we’re pretty hip, but we’re still a big, complicated organization that’s part of a highly regulated industry.)
- Take initiative, ask thoughtful questions, aren’t afraid to fail, and constantly seek better ways of working and communicating. The culture on this team is at once driven and humble.
- Are curious about other disciplines and perspectives, in and outside of design
Considered a plus if you have...
- Master’s Degree in design or business
- 2+ years of experience with a digital product & services company
- 3+ years of experience in design strategy, human-centered design, design thinking tools + methods, or related field
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.