Our client is looking for a well-versed mid-level Industrial Design Consultant. The ideal candidate is an Industrial Designer with a passion for Graphic Design as this position is a combination of design industries with major focus on Graphic Design, Packaging Design, and additional support for Industrial Design activity. This role requires preparation of detailed technical documentation; therefore, strong technical skills are crucial. Must be a self-motivated problem solver who thrives in a scientific environment and works effectively in small or large development teams. The role is based in Shelton, Connecticut.
- Work closely with engineering teams to develop regulatory and safety labeling solutions for scientific instruments based on predefined templates
- Generate documentation for client branded labels, instrument nameplates, and comprehensive packaging solutions for wide variety of scientific products such as kits, boxes, and bottles
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of a variety of labeling methods (materials, printing processes, and technologies) to support existing printing processes and solve manufacturing printing constraints
- Innovate new labeling solutions while complying with the clients brand design strategy
- Post-production of photorealistic renderings in Photoshop for Marketing purposes
- Produce silk-screening documentation and decals for displays and touch points while understanding technical and functional constraints and complying with branding guidelines
- Occasional creation of illustrations and technical line drawings for manuals or software
- Aid in developing presentations for various projects based on compiled information
- Occasional creation of predefined splash screen templates for software packages
- Ability to work within the existing graphic processes in the PDM (Product Data Manager) system
- Stay current with the latest industry design trends. Research labeling and marking trends and create/maintain a library of trends
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or Graphic Design with 3-5 years professional experience required with experience in technical graphics in the Instrumentation or Medical industry strongly preferred
- Excellent graphic skills using CorelDraw; Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Basic knowledge of Solidworks 3D CAD including SW Visualize is strongly preferred
- Training can be provided for the right candidate
- Ability to read and create detailed technical documentation
- Understand the importance of function before form
- Strong experience with a variety of packaging and labeling solutions
- Proactive in identifying, owning, and solving complex problems while working within engineering and manufacturing constraints
- Experience collaborating in a corporate environment for new product development, especially as it relates to engineering and manufacturing
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing printing techniques
- Demonstrated ability to succeed and thrive, deliver on time, and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced iterative environment with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- Self-starter. Ability to fulfill essential job functions with minimal guidance
- Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills with internal and external resources are critical
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB