Our Fortune 500 client located in Muscatine, Iowa, is seeking an Operations Supervisor to join their team.
This role has responsibility to achieve productivity, efficiency, customer service, cost, quality, safety and employee engagement objectives through both individual and team contributions. Provides direction, leadership, development and support to direct reports through empowerment, teamwork, on-the-job assignments and continuous improvement projects and initiatives. Develops, implements and promotes safety programs and safe work practices through involvement in plant safety teams, programs and initiatives. Promotes sound employee & labor relations within the department by developing and maintaining an effective organization with qualified personnel. Develops, promotes, and supports continuous improvement and other cross-functional initiatives.
• BA/BS Degree in Business, Food Science, Engineering or related field is preferred
• 1-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment is required
• Ability to lead, motivate and mentor large teams of associates is required
• Strong communication and leadership skills
• Strong analytical/critical thinking
• Strong accountability, consistency and follow-through skills
• Ability to work effectively with a wide array of plant personnel ranging from hourly employees to senior management
SHARE THIS JOB
Onward Search helps connect creative, marketing, and technology talent with top jobs at the nation's most recognized companies and digital agencies. We offer a full range of recruitment and staffing solutions to include freelance / contract, temp-to-perm, and permanent placement.