Our client, a top insurance company, is looking for a Cloud Security Engineer to join their Glendale, AZ team.
Responsible for securing the applications, the data and the cloud infrastructure of the company. In this role, the engineer also provides guidance to the application and business teams on improving the security posture of the company.
- Analyze and implement architectural designs and perform security reviews with Engineering teams
- Provide guidance on cloud security solutions and best practices to internal teams
- Introduce and maintain cloud security tools, both in-sourced and outsourced, inclusive of event management, monitoring, and other specific cloud security solutions and tools
- Follow DevOps principles in implementing security controls in the cloud infrastructure
- Utilize existing monitoring infrastructure to collect actionable security signals and automate remediation
- Review the data coming from the cloud security tools and third-party/managed security service providers, coordinate with teams to address findings
- Incident management: work with the Cyber Protection team to perform security analysis and investigations of incidents involving the cloud components
- Support compliance activities for frameworks like SOC1/2, ISO27001, PCI-DSS, HITRUST, and more
TECH SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of experience in Security Engineering, DevOps or IT Operations roles, strong familiarity with the principles of DevOps and Agile development
- 2 years of hands-on experience securing cloud applications and infrastructure (AWS strongly preferred)
- Excellent understanding/working knowledge of the public cloud infrastructure and services in AWS (IAM, VPC, KMS, CloudWatch, Systems Manager, S3, RDS, Route53, Lambda, AWS Config, etc.) and Azure/Office 365 is a strong plus
- Experience building and securing infrastructure as code using CloudFormation, Ansible, SAM and/or similar tools
- Understanding of software development lifecycle models, as well as the approaches to implement the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Understanding of the shared responsibility model in AWS
- Familiar with one or more scripting/coding languages (e.g. bash, Python); Experience implementing and leveraging the logging and monitoring solutions is a plus
- CCSP, CCSK, CISSP and AWS certifications are a plus but not required
INTERPERSONAL + COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
- Proven focus on teamwork and collaborative interaction with operations and development teams and other departments
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Can-do attitude, motivation and ability to prioritize and execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB