Our client, a top insurance company, is looking for a IT Network Security Engineer to join their Glendale, AZ office. You will work closely with Information Technology teams to ensure network security capabilities and controls are efficient and effective.
- Provide Network Security expertise to IT departments including technical mentorship, training and help designing and implementing programs for user awareness
- Plan, organize and lead efforts to document business requirements for enterprise business application integration or service activation in the context of Network Security ensuring documentation is complete and consistent to applicable standards
- Conduct network security evaluations and assessments for any proposed IT solution
- Ability to write situational analysis for high-risk network threats and suggest appropriate courses of action for remediation
- Engineer solutions based on architectural designs and implement next gen firewall rules and implement web application firewall technologies and policies
- Provide tier 3 support for all network security related incidents and production environment issues
- Function as a technical guide across multiple network security technologies
- Be the network security subject matter expert and lead the deployment of major technology projects based on architectural designs and requirements gathered from the Security Analysts
- Knowledge of forensics, network analysis, log analysis, systems hardening, encryption technologies, certificates, mobile and web application security
- Lead network security projects transitioning from on premise to the cloud
- Participate in the development and interpreting security policies and standards
- Participate in security compliance efforts (e.g., PCI-DSS, SOX)
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- 5 - 7 years of network security engineering experience
- 7-10 years of strong network engineering experience
- Experience with next generation firewalls, such as Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Cisco, etc.
- Experience with web application firewalls, such as Netscaler, Big IP, Cisco, etc.
- Experience with IDS/IPS technologies
- 3-5 years’ experience implementing cloud based security models and tools such as Zscaler, Cloudflare, CASB tools
- Confirmed understanding of various operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Macintosh, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in an information technology field or related experience
- Hands on experience with IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, Microsoft 365/Azure, AWS, security models
- Security and network certifications desired: CISSP, Security+, CCIE, CCSP, CEH, etc.
- Insurance, Financial, Banking industry experience desired
- Development experience in C#, C++ , Java, Python, or other Linux based scripting
- Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical discipline
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB