National Firm based in the Cary, NC area is seeking a Systems Engineer to join them for a full time perm engagement. This position is remote to start but would require onsite.
Duties include software, hardware, and network and implementation activities, advanced IT tasks (network design and topology, network integrations, etc.), and to provide oversight, training and direction to 3rd party contractor implementation activities.
- Organize, manage, and lead multiple project implementations
- Lead network architecture, system fail-over, and other technical system design discussions with customer IT, MIS or biomed departments, installation contractors, and other trades as required.
- Execute all installations per protocols
- Installing and configuring applications on servers and proprietary devices/hardware, configuring system networks and working with the customer’s wired and wireless infrastructure to complete implementations
- Participate in and/or lead cross-functional team resolving technical troubleshooting to resolution throughout the implementation process
- Complete, post, and update system, network and server documentation in compliance with SOP, work instructions, best practices and to ensure successful support of the system
- Work with customer IT departments to assess and evaluate network security needs and develop policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of specified customer servers and network topology
- Understands back-end network security and Active Directory functionality
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Effectively implement service policies and procedures to support company objectives, including service documentation, SOP/WI training, expense reporting, maintenance of test equipment and filing and record keeping systems in accordance with standard work
- Advanced understanding of deploying and supporting Microsoft Windows platforms, SQL, IIS server and associated networked systems
- Server administration experience with Linux server environments
- Detailed knowledge of common network protocols / architecture (TCP/IP, IP routing, the OSI model, VLAN) and their relevant security issues
- Detailed knowledge of common network protocols/architecture (TCP/IP, IP routing, OSI model, VLAN, etc), client/server networking environments and best practices, managed switches, VOIP, and network security
- Willing and able to travel approximately 25%; however, when business necessitates, travel can be 100% and on short notice. May be required to work weekends or after hours to meet customer needs
- Experience configuring, setting up, and debugging PC-based systems
- Preferred Certifications in the following:
- Cisco certifications: CCNA, CCDP or CCNP, CWLS, CWNA,
- Wireless certifications: CWNE, CWNP, CWSP, AWLAT, MNAWS, MNAWP, MNCE,
- General certifications: MCSE or MCSA, Network+, Security +
May be required to demonstrate expertise in two or more of the following areas to support business needs:
- SQL/Scripting/Reporting Engines/Analytics (SAS Crystal, etc.)
- Networking (TCP/IP, Routing and Switching, Subnetting, Security)
- Enterprise level hardware (Server/Client OS, SANS, RAID)
- Middleware (Rhapsody, etc.)
- Wireless - Enterprise level/managed networks
- RF Principles
- Cisco routing and switching technologies and capabilities
- Experience conducting wireless site assessments, wireless network configuration, certification, and debugging (use of voice and data protocol analyzers)
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB