The senior researcher brings a highly-skilled, human-centric component to the UX team, leading a range of activities such as discovering user needs, developing innovative service ideas, collaborating across teams and stakeholder groups, and testing design concepts before bringing them to market.
Your main focus will be providing product and UX teams with the tools and self-awareness they need to continuously grow in knowledge about our clients and employees, generating actionable data.
- Design User Research proposals with a clear hypothesis, scope, audience, and methodology
- Lead and conduct contextual user interviews, synthesizing insights, delivering Insight Reports through contexts most likely to inform decision making
- Propose and implement a quantitative research methodology that harnesses existing data relating to user behavior, reports this in a manner able to drive prioritization of work, and created a continuous feedback loop that seeks to refine the quality of data sourced.
- Work in partnership with Technologists, Designers, and Product Managers to evaluate experience design concepts from early sketches to fully functional prototypes
- Manage User Research requests from across the organization, proactively proposing mechanisms by which demands can be met
- Contribute to a set of shared artifacts such as Persona’s, Journey Maps, Metrics, and Research processes, which serve the wider team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors / Ergonomics, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive / Experimental Psychology, or similarly relevant field (Master’s/ Doctorate preferred)
- Experience proposing and running research studies aimed at understanding an empathetic view of users and translation that understanding into actionable product and service design insight
- Experience running UI/UX or user studies measuring both qualitative and quantitative data
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships and manage strong ongoing communications with individuals who are willing to participate in an ongoing research program.
- Experience in proposing and applying experience metrics in enterprise organizations, and establishing methods by which to gather and report back on insights against agreed metrics.
- Energetic and responsive personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong awareness of both Service Design and User Experience Design and able to plan research studies that can gather insights appropriate to each.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, hands-on, and creative environment
- Working knowledge of organizational culture and design
- Proficiency in statistical analysis
- Enthusiasm in utilizing a diverse set of approaches to creative problem solving
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB