Our client, a Digital Entertainment Company, is seeking a Technical Artist for a 6 month contract opportunity.
You will report to the VP of Creative and will be responsible for prepping files in pre-production, animating, rotoscoping and masking during production and finally QA, bundling and prepping files for launch.
- Prepare files for production and post-production pipelines using the AdobeSuite; particularly After Effects, Adobe, Flash/AnimateCC, Premiere, and Photoshop
- Manage all necessary file conversions (web, broadcast, downloads, mobile, press, festival, etc.)
- Repackage legacy content for changing technology, including adjusting animation, compositing, masking or rotoscoping
- Troubleshoot and resolve any software issues during production
- Asset based animation using After Effects
- Motion tracking, Rotoscoping and Masking using After Effects
- Maintain and update template files for artists
Skills and Experience:
- 2 – 3 years at agency, design firm, startup or interactive studio
- BA in Digital Media (including Visual Effects and Motion Graphics), Graphic Design, and/or Animation or equivalent background and skills
- Minimum 2 years experience in technical production
- Solid understanding of video compression and codecs
- Must be familiar with the principles of animation (follow through, anticipation, etc.)
- Familiarity with audio concepts and software
- Have knowledge of music, tv/film, gaming and entertainment industries, video editing is a plus
- Familiarity with compositing concepts and software
- Knowledge of current trends in web & mobile is a plus
- Start-up experience is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to meet or exceed expectations
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Innovative thinker and collaborative team player
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.