Our client, a top insurance company located in GLENDALE, ARIZONA is looking to hire an APPLICATION PERFORMANCE AND MONITORING ENGINEER for a long term assignment. The candidate should be proactive and passionate about identifying, instrumenting and promoting the use of APM tools across multi-tier applications at an enterprise level. A confident self-starter willing to explore and dive into areas that are upcoming and willing to collaborate candidly with vendor support to realize stable scalable monitoring solutions. A successful candidate will ensure production operational stability to the customers, through proactive full stack monitoring of company systems (applications and infrastructure) and continuous optimization and automation of remediation measures.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Develop working relationships with application teams to understand and flush out applicable use cases for monitoring and document them for traceability and auditing
- Scope, gather technical requirement around the customer monitoring use cases and business KPIs, and translate them to tool specifications for APM, Alerts, Synthetics, Monitoring and Dashboards, and ensure successful implementation
- Strategize and instrument scalable pipeline ready solutions for continuous monitoring and availability using CI CD and automation solutions
- Promote Automated remediation principals by targeting optimal observability strategies
- Have a high level understanding of the application stacks and utilize that to trace, profile and optimize application performance within and across multiple technology stacks
- Help build Highly-Available and Scalable infrastructure with robust monitoring and alerting mechanisms
- Engineer solutions and establish standards for infrastructure, agent deployments, automating manual tasks where possible
- On-board applications to the platforms and train users on best proactive monitoring techniques
- Integration with enterprise monitoring tools data visualization needs
- Guide application/operational teams to setup policies, alerts, dashboards, and custom configuration to get optimal visibility of applications
- Optimize the APM tool foot print by avoiding redundancies, rationalization and upgrading to the latest cost efficient solutions
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field
- Must have 4 plus years of experience in Application Performance Monitoring using enterprise standard tools
- Prior experience must include 2 years of experience working with agile scalable software engineering
- Prior experience must include 2 years of experience in CI CD, automation and DevOps practices
- Must have knowledge in application architecture, OSI layers and software design and development methodologies
- Prior experience working with business metrics reporting, customer experience monitoring and optimization for digital products
- Preference would be given to candidates with expertise in primarily in New Relic monitoring tool
- Knowledge in other tool sets like Sitescope, Sciencelogic, Dynatrace, Solar Winds, Splunk, Elk, open shift integration/ AWS application performance monitoring experience would be considered favorable.Experience in documentation and task management tools like JIRA, MS Office tools etc.
- Experience working in Agile teams and familiarity with agile delivery process and ceremonies
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB