Onward Search has a new exciting opportunity with one of our biggest clients. They are looking for freelance UI Designers that can start immediately onsite in Pennsylvania. You will be on the Enterprise Creative team and will be responsible for crafting useful, usable, beautiful, and on-brand interfaces and experiences for a variety of internal and external digital assignments.
As a UI Designer for this client, your primary focus will be designing for the internal Brand Portal, which is the single source of truth for everything related to the client’s brand, including our brand strategy, standards, brand news, and corporate tools and templates.
- Leverage existing style guides and patterns to create and maintain a holistic design system and pattern library.
- Work closely to support UI Designers, UX Designers, Developers, Engineers, Strategists, Copywriters, and Product Teams to create consistent, clean and organized designs.
- Attention to usability, consistency and WCAG accessibility compliance across all deliverables.
- Help document and disperse updated styles and guidelines.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented correctly.
- Develop learnings post-project to grow and innovate the quality of our product.
- Play an active role in leading meetings.
- Direct cross-functional teams on how to create elements and files that work cohesively within our evolving design system.
- Strong portfolio of project examples that showcases UI Design, digital branding, UI elements, and illustration as well as design essentials like color, typography, photography and animation
- Solid understanding of interface design best practices across multiple platforms (web, mobile, social, etc.).
- Knowledge of user-centered design and UX principles and the UX project lifecycle including research, architecture, collaborative design, prototyping, and documentation.
- Ability to analyze research and find insights that drive innovative design solutions.
- Experience working within established brand guidelines and a passion for consistency.
- The ability to work quickly at various levels of fidelity from low to high.
- Great communication and presentation skills with experience influencing others at various levels.
- A solid understanding of, or experience working within agile/scrum development methodologies.
- A growth mindset and seek to understand the newest and latest UX technologies and trends.
- Proficiency with current design and collaboration tools (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, XD, Invision, Slack, Confluence, etc)
- Skill in HTML, CSS, and other web languages.
- Experience developing and deploying content from a CMS
- You think about how every design you create fits into a larger ecosystem of design and function in terms of scalability, patterns, and impact.
- You maniacally focus on the intended end user and work hard to deeply understand their needs and motivations so you can make informed decisions.
- You are a collaborative person who can work in a cross-functional team of product owners, engineers, content strategists, UX researchers, and business clients
- Positive, detail-oriented, flexible, and organized individual
If you are interested apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.