Onward Search is seeking a talented Art Director for a 12-month extendable contract opportunity working out of our clients McLean, VA office. But we aren't just looking for any art director, we need one who has exceptional design chops and a passion for all things creative — both digital & print. We want someone who loves crafting highly usable and intuitive campaigns mixed with creative cleverness. Someone as passionate for users as they are for design. Someone who cares about the customer experience and will constantly strive to make it better. We’re looking for the right mix of customer obsession, technical skill, high standards and problem-solving to take on customer challenges and solve them with a collaborative and energetic team. If this sounds like you apply today to speak with one of our associates to learn more.
Who you are..
- A problem solver—conceptual thinking and strategic problem solving are key
- Create work that persuasively conveys marketing objectives
- Be comfortable designing for digital/mobile and web content
- Understand how to speak brand and marketing. We want someone who sees the bigger picture and helps others see it too
- Brainstorm with a team to generate ideas and creative concepts
- A team player who readily collaborates with all types of people, including internal marketing partners, other Brand team members, and line-of-business clients to help formulate marketing strategy
- Be self-organized and able to manage multiple deadlines on numerous, concurrent projects
- Have strong presentation skills—Understand the importance of creative strategy, use it to create powerful work, and can clearly present it to others for buy-in
- Have a positive attitude and work well in a classic art director/copywriter partnership.
- And a good sense of humor never hurts.
- Consistently deliver quality work on time.
- Demonstrate industry and conceptual diversity, examples should be from all channels and represent different types of marketing from awareness to direct. Work should show evidence of “thinking outside the box” while achieving business goals.
What you bring to the table..
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or Web Design; or equivalent Military Experience
- Experience in utilizing a strong brand identity to drive direct response
- Experience designing and coding responsive emails and landing pages
- At least 6 years of experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- At least 5 years of experience in UX/UI or wireframing
- At least 2 year of experience with Sketch software
- Experience with HTML, CSS, UI design, responsive/adaptive design principles
- Experience with Adobe After Effects and Premier
- A strong portfolio with a range of in-market digital work
Bonus if you have…
- Ability to interpret and translate analytic thinking into creative concepts
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, UI design, responsive/adaptive design principles are a plus.
- Proficiency with Adobe After Effects and Premier a plus
- 1 year of experience with InVision app
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.