Our client, a Video Game Studio, is seeking an Art Lead to join the team!
- Work on a top-down isometric view game that falls within the open-world puzzle genre.
- Utilize your extensive experience with Unreal Engine, with a preference for expertise in Environment Art.
- A unique design aesthetic, blending stylized mythical elements into real word realism.
- Address game design challenges related to landscape navigation, especially in the absence of compasses, and other open-world game issues.
- Contribute to the creation of non-linear player experiences that captivate our audience.
- Ensure strict adherence to our established production pipeline.
- Foster open communication and trust within the team, using tools like Trello.
- Lead, mentor, and direct a team of 4+ talented artists to achieve the highest quality art for the game.
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine.
- Strong background in Environment Art, with a preference for stylized design.
- Knowledge of Blueprints within Unreal Engine.
- Proven experience in managing teams, with a preference for those who come from smaller game development companies.
- 70% of your role will focus on management and mentorship.
- 30% will be dedicated to hands-on art production and contributing to the game's visual direction.
- Required skills and experience:
- Maya / 3DSMax / Blender (some sort of generally used modelling package) Most people at Eline use Maya, so a very slight preference for Maya but any other modelling package works totally fine, they are easily swappable and interface well.)
- Unreal Engine (4 works, 5 is preferable)
- Substance Painter (texturing software, industry standard and Eline's preferred texturing toolset)
- Photoshop (it's photoshop. If you don't know how to use it how did you get here)
- Zbrush (sculpting / high poly & organic workflow software)
- Substance Designer (procedural texturing toolset. Building custom textures)
- Marmoset Toolbag (3 or 4. Baking and lossless high-quality high to low poly maps
Nice to have skills:
- Speedtree (which we aren't using currently, but has a lot of pertinent knowledge for organic / foliage production in its usage)
- WorldEngine (procedural landscape creation toolset)
- Photogrammetry experience
$125,000 - $150,000 yearly