Our client, a top streaming content platform, is looking for an Assistant Editor to help their Content team with a ~3 month assignment that has the potential to extend. This position is fully remote and 40 hours a week.
The first initiative you will be working on is an international localization project for both online class content and accompanying ebooks. You will be watching each video, identifying on-screen text that needs to be translated to subtitles, and documenting this text in a Google Sheet. You will also be identifying material that needs to be pushed to the ebook (either in text or still graphic form) as it would be too dense on-screen for effective subtitling.
- Log and transfer media from all shoots
- Prep turnovers for sound, color, and VFX
- Conform sequences for final delivery
- Export, upload, and QC elearning content
- Maintain server structure and organization
- Optimize editing and finishing processes
- 1-2 years of experience as an Assistant Editor, long-form preferred
- Knowledge and industry background in editorial techniques, able to navigate around servers, timecodes, etc.
- Proficient with QuickTime (files are in MP4 format), Adobe Premiere, Google Suite, and familiarity with video review tools (i.e. Frame.io)
- Experience with 3Play (closed captioning tool) and some After Effects/Photoshop is a plus
- Experience with localization is a huge bonus
- Extreme attention to detail and outstanding quality control skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to multitask
- Strong storytelling skills
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB