Our client, a small, independent full-service advertising agency is searching for an Associate Creative Director of Design to join their team on a full-time role. This role begins as soon as possible in NYC or Remote.
What you'll be doing:
- In partnership with the Creative Director and ACD Copywriter, drive 360 creative development across campaigns, digital, web, social, video, CRM, promotions and in-store.
- Lead the agency's design practice as both a hands-on designer, as well as, inspiring and guiding a team of juniors to deliver strong work and improve their skills.
- Partner with an integrated team including account, project management, media, strategy and social to ensure campaigns are delivered in accordance with the brief and the agency's POV.
- Act as a client-facing representative of the creative department in partnership with the account and strategy teams.
- Oversee all currently active and upcoming/pitch creative projects, ensuring that all deliverables are being met.
- Lead creative presentations both internally to the agency team and externally to clients.
- Take all creative deliverables from concept phase through execution including managing on-shoot art direction, production, and post-production.
- Execute all parts of the process including design, revisions, mechanical production and artwork release.
- Liaise with outside vendors including freelancer designers, photographers, and production companies.
- Participate in all required company meetings including creative reviews, brainstorms, and presentations.
- Other tasks may apply.
- 7-10 years of graphic design and art direction experience at an advertising/marketing agency.
- Prior experience with video, print, digital and web design.
- Must have prior management experience and can speak to their role as a leader and mentor.
- Possess strong knowledge of typography, color, layout, production design, etc.
- Proven experience as a conceptual thinker and as someone who can execute on those ideas.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite; knowledge of video and AfterEffects is a bonus.
- Having worked with CPG brands is a huge bonus.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and can work with and have respect for colleagues from all departments.
- You are a strong communicator and can self-manage your time and projects.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or MFA preferred.
Does this sound like you, apply now to learn more about this job today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.