Onward Search is currently seeking an Associate Merchandising Manager for one of our large eCommerce brands. We are seeking this individual for a 6 month extenable contract opportunity working out of our clients San Jose, CA office. Apply today to speak with one of our associates to learn more!
Day to Day Overview:
Our merchandising team is looking for a talented Merchant Business Assistant to support the fashion organization. The position supports the divisional merchandise strategy and helps maximize effectiveness by providing assistance to the category managers. This role is a foundational entry point to build fundamental knowledge of retail commerce and support the operational tasks of each fashion category. Under the fashion organizations falls; Clothing, shoes, handbags, accessories, jewelry, watches, health and beauty. This role will support each of these categories in executing different daily tasks – contracts, promotional events, etc. The ideal candidate has a proven track record for flawless execution and attention to detail. Must be agile, flexible and an innate solution-seeker. Strong communication and organizational skills will be paramount for this role, as this individual will be responsible for coordination and follow-up on multiple concurrent projects.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Support and assist Category Manager to execute end-to-end strategy for on-site merchandising experience
- Execute and Launch Deals/Events/Subsidy
- Tracking and analyzing item performance and making recommendations to Category Manager for improvement/optimization
- Calendar management and maintenance with consistent follow-up and status updates to ensure all deadlines are met
- Assist in identifying process inefficiencies and making recommendations for process improvements in a timely manner
- Generate multiple reports for the merchant team
- Assist in other miscellaneous processes and procedures
- Executing Contracts with accuracy and following guidelines
- College Degree
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Strong internal customer focus and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Aptitude for being organized with flexibility to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Work effectively across teams, drive for outcomes and communicate context
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines.
- General interest in the business of fashion
- Excel Experience
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB