Seeking a Electronics & Software Engineering Manager to join our client onsite in Augusta, Georgia or Columbia, South Carolina.
The primary function of this position is to be responsible for managing all controls, software engineering and related support resources for a global engineering team. The development of electronics, controls systems, and device level functionality for new product designs is central to this role.
This role is responsible for defining the processes, policies, and procedures that ensure that functional product features meet customer expectations (internal and external), are delivered on a schedule that meets expectations, and tested to be of the highest quality before reaching the customer. To encourage agile product development and continuous integration, this role is responsible for definition and refinement of software development lifecycle processes and tools that map directly to standard company tollgate-driven new product development processes.
The role will require active project management skills, engineering analytical and problem solving tools to create and introduce solutions for the market. An understanding of the creation, development and maintenance of product data through PDM and ERP databases is required. The ability to establish, coordinate and manage project scheduling and tracking for project activities through collaboration with Project Managers is essential. The ability to cooperate and collaborate closely with all Operations, Sourcing, Accounting, Sales, and Customer Support and Service functions of the organization is essential to success in this role.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead global team of software engineers, electrical engineers, and software quality assurance engineers that delivers electronics and software for all of CMS’s products
- Set the technical guidance for hardware and software new product development process including establishing common design standards, reviews, and best practices
- Manages through the New Product Development (NPD) process for all new product designs collaborating with customers and peers in project management, engineering, operations, sourcing, marketing sales, and customer support to bring innovative, cost effective, high-quality products to market
- Responsible for project and human resource capability and capacity planning, project and product risk identification and mitigation
- Ensures an innovative and creative environment for product engineers to initiate/ implement ideas
- Develop and define performance requirements, schedules, and deliverables for projects; maintain tracking for same
- Responsible for fostering continuous improvement in performance, quality and cost
- Institutes and reinforces the use of engineering tools in the product development stages and in problem solving to insure that only the highest quality products are manufactured when taken into production
- Support the safety and environmental programs to ensure a safe work environment for all employees and ensures product designs maintain compliance to all global safety, regulatory, and customer performance requirements
- Provides for training, personnel enhancements and staff development to insure a highly efficient and technically competent work force.
- Provides leadership, personal and professional mentoring for subordinates to establish and reinforce best practices, development and growth
- Participates in the creation and implementation of the technical strategy
- Directs the establishment of regular engineering meetings with major customers, sales, marketing and customer support to communicate current product updates and to insure proper future design planning
- Collaborates and supports operations in areas of manufacturing feasibility and standard costing
- Directs and participates in engineering impacted cost reduction efforts
- Performs administrative duties such as performance and merit reviews, hiring, etc.
- Fosters working relationships with outside technical resources to enhance internal technical programs
- Represents the company in customer and supplier relationships
- Develop, coordinate and facilitate product performance testing with the test group and customers
- Participate in and practice the Crane Business System (CBS) to include Lean activities and Kaizen events
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering minimum. Advance degree in technical discipline or MBA preferred
- Candidate must have 10-15 years working experience with a minimum of 5+ years in a leadership position managing engineering/technical resources
- Proven experience working with software and hardware development tools, PDM, ERP systems and command of common Microsoft Office tools
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Frequent travel will be required
- High-energy self-starter with strong drive for results
- Proven successful track record in leading and managing product development programs and teams, driving them toward a goal
- Excellent critical thinking, project management, analytical, communication, presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and positively influence leadership and all levels of the organization
- Expert level of problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity and change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior persuasion and influencing skills to ensure alignment between customers, product management, operations, and engineering teams
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB