Onward Search is hiring an IT Trainer on a 6-month+ contract basis with a government client. This position can be located in either Jesup or Tifton, Georgia.
Under broad supervision, provides classroom training to Company staff on a variety of information systems. Position based in either Jesup or Tifton, Georgia. Position will include in-state travel to District/Area offices.
- Participate in IT Projects to design and develop learning materials
- Produce effective training presentations, tutorials, instructor and student guides, lesson plans/exercises in multiple media and formats suitable to course audience
- Create, review, and update training materials and documentation based on user feedback, classroom surveys, IT version updates, and IT support tickets
- Maintain, coordinate, and communicate training schedules with end users and stakeholders
- Solicit classroom enrollment and maintain class information/user registration within (Oracle) Learning Management System
- Collect and maintain training data to support department key performance indicators
- Make arrangements for external vendor provided training at Georgia DOT training centers
- Conduct training courses, customer webinars, on-site customer training, and user group sessions
- Establish effective relationships throughout the organization, both within IT and across business
- units/customers/stakeholders to identify/address gaps in user training
- Facilitate training for end users through a variety of mediums, which may include classroom settings, one-on-one, and online methods
- Remain knowledgeable about Georgia DOT IT applications and business strategies as related to training materials and courses
- Assist technical managers, IT developers, and specialists to explain complex technical concepts and business/data workflows to non-technical audiences
- Provide user training support with IT product launches and go-lives
- Travel to Georgia DOT business locations (within State of Georgia) to conduct training
- Ability to maintain professionalism and order within the classroom to complete course objectives
- Ability to adapt/respond in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused IT environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities
- Bachelor's degree in or Technical Communications, Teaching, IS, IT or other technical field (Required 4 Years)
- Microsoft Office (Required 5 Years)
- Work experience in the field of IT technical training and train-the-trainer training (Required 4 Years)
- Work experience in developing role-based end user training materials for IT applications/systems (Required 4 Years)
- Strong leadership, problem solving, oral presentation, technical writing, planning, and adult-learning/workforce teaching skills (Required)
- Experience in course design and development (Required)
- Experience in developing training content (e.g. user manuals, handouts, slides, exercises, and web-based training) (Required)
- Ability and flexibility to travel frequently within State of Georgia (Required)
- Strong commitment to providing superior customer service (Required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Required)
- Able to develop training content in collaborative team environment and work independently with minimal supervision to deliver training (Required)
- Hands-on, can-do attitude (Required)
- Able to maintain personal credit card for any expenses, Georgia DOT will not provide advance payment on expenses, but will reimburse authorized expe (Required)
- Ability to maintain a valid driver license, capable of driving/operating a car, able to use personal car for travel (Required)
- Able to stand, stoop, kneel, lift, etc. to setup training centers and transport course materials (Required)
- Experience with developing content for workforce teaching and instruction (Highly desired)
- Experience with course content creation tools such as Captivate, Camtasia, or Articulate Storyline (Highly desired)
- Strong technical background in computers, transportation, or government (Highly desired)
- Familiarity with ITIL or REMEDY (Highly desired)
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB