Utilizing your technical skills, you will collaborate with designers, artists, audio designers, and various other specialists to design and develop best-in-class game experiences.
- Exemplify and promote standards for code, design, development, debugging, optimization, reviewing goals, testing and documentation
- Interface between multiple departments with varies approaches to game development. You are responsible for translating creative intent into code tasks
- Help to lead development teams to meet high-level project goals
- Understand the intent of the creative direction and translate it into actionable descriptions of work
- Participate in hiring process to grow our engineering team with an ever-rising quality bar
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Design and Implement engineering solutions in many areas of game development such as procedural generation, game mechanics, AI, animation, physics, rendering, localization and UI
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies
- Write well-architected code with an eye towards performance and re-usability for multiple experiences. Evaluate other engineers code to make sure it meets the department’s expectations
- Empower and guide the career(s) of your direct reports to promote their growth as engineers. You are responsible for providing feedback for your team to assist in their growth
- Establish workflow pipelines and cost/time analysis required for taking a game from early prototype stages all the way through to pre-production, production and release
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Minimum 6 years game industry experience with 3+ shipped titles
- Excellent C++ programming and systems design skills
- Experience with implementing network gameplay, AI, or physics
- Ability to judge feature quality in relation to other current competing games
- Adept at working with designers and artists to implement gameplay features
- Experience in reviewing code and work to provide critical feedback used in career management
- Profit Share
- Medical, Dental, & Vision 100% of premiums for the family covered by Tripwire
- Up to 30 days of PTO
- 16 paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- 401k Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Flexible Hours
- Employee & Family Team Building Events
- Volunteer Days
Preference to applicants with:
- Significant Unreal Engine experience
- Passion for first person shooters
- Proven ability of tackling challenging projects
- Experience in full software development lifecycle of shipping a game
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, flexible, positive and focused
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB