Onward Search is hiring a Systems Administrator 2 on a 1-year contract basis with a government client with offices in downtown, Atlanta. This role is 100% on-site.
Under general supervision, install, configure, and support a local area network, wide area network, internet system, computers, desktops and/or mobile devices. Performs necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Designs, configures, and tests computer hardware, networking software and operating system software
- Diagnoses hardware and software problems and replaces defective components
- Escalates problems to vendor and/or developer for advanced debugging or software correction
- Evaluates of new technologies or solutions to improve service and efficiency of systems
- Monitors network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made
- Operates consoles to monitor performance of the computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use
- Performs data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Performs routine network startup and shutdown procedures and maintain control records
- Plans, coordinates, and implements network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware
- Prepares user instructions and documentation for the installation and operation of software and software upgrades
- Installs, monitors, maintains, optimizes, and secures information technology servers, workstations, and IoT devices and assures their ongoing operation in compliance to service levels 7 days-a-week.
- Coordinates with staff at all levels to resolve systems problems; assesses severity of the issues, and prioritizes responses as appropriate
- Performs system tests and collaborates with IT staff to resolve issues and errors.
- Works with users to identify system requirements; develops processing procedures and systems
- modifications to meet these specifications
- Uses structured and cost analysis to identify and recommend updates to the current network, computer systems, and systems architecture
- Drafts informational materials and graphics to explain systems to managers and users.
- Prepares specifications and documentation
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Windows server 2008-2019, Active Directory, (Required 3 Years)
- Systems Center 2016, Exchange, WSUS, MS SQL Server, Office 365, (Required 3 Years)
- Windows Virtual Desktop, Intune, Windows 10, Sharepoint, etc. (Required 3 Years)
- VMware vSphere 6 and HyperV. (Required 3 Years)
- Azure (Required 2 Years)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking fundamentals, IP v4 & v6, routers, and switches. (Required 3 Years)
- Experience with managing endpoint security, reviewing logs, and removing malware. (Required 3 Years)
- Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices and ability to apply them with minimal impact to user productivity. (Required 3 Years)
- Administration experience with O365 and M365. (Required 3 Years)
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) (Required 3 Years)
- MFA multi-factor authentication (Required 3 Years)
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB