Our client, a Regional chain, is seeking an Azure Cloud Architect/Engineer to join them for a 6 month remote contract engagement.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Azure Cloud
- Experience in configuring and using PaaS offerings (like WebApp, Azure Database services, Azure Kubernetes, Azure DataLake, etc)
- Experience in setting up enterprise level account structure and security models in Azure
- Proven and demonstrated knowledge of depth knowledge of cloud-based delivery models
- Experience developing cybersecurity solutions across a diverse and heterogeneous IT environment
- Demonstrated experience in implementing security controls, including access control, privileged access management, data security, network security, data loss prevention, Cloud security, vulnerability management, configuration management, privacy, and audits
- Build automation handling large numbers of diverse systems with configuration management and automation systems like Azure DevOps (VSTS,) Docker, Chef, Terraform\
- Hands-on experience writing effective terraform scripts
- Hands-on experience with Azure policies
- Hands-on experience migrating Apps to the cloud
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Cloud Engineer, preferred
- Azure Certification is a MUST, 300/301 or 303/304
- To provide security architecture support for build, migration and operation of Azure cloud infrastructure
- Researches and evaluate emerging cloud technologies and proactively recommend areas where they can bring business value
- Develop aspects of the cloud migration initiative, including its impact on infrastructure, networks and security
- Define standards and best practices by conducting POCs for new cloud technologies leveraged by the development organization and engineering teams
- Develop baseline for deliverables to include; Network access, Restriction of internet facing resources within cloud platform, provision and configure computer resources within Azure environment
- Provide expertise and serve as Subject Matter Expert regarding Cloud for both infrastructure and applications in Microsoft Azure
- Work with application teams with their digital Transformation goals and achieve exceptional results retaining maximum client satisfaction
- Work with the IT Security Team, Solution Architects and Cloud Operations Team with any security-related issues that arise and maintain a log of operational activities performed
- Develop, maintain and drive a culture of continuous enhancement for a robust knowledge management system for the Cloud Operations team and its partners
- Establish a continuous improvement plan for Cloud Operations, including technology reviews, root cause analysis, action reports analysis and cloud portfolio review in order to ensure adequate infrastructure to provide suitable operating environment(s) for critical applications
- As Cloud Engineer, the individual should:
a) advise application team with azure security
b) develop migration strategy for azure security components and overall application components
c) define operating procedure in a cloud environment
d) support with performance tuning and testing activity
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB