Local company in Newtown, PA is seeking a Big Data Engineer to join their growing team.
This role will be responsible for developing complex data solutions in Pharmaceutical and Healthcare industries, while utilizing all aspects of cutting-edge Big Data technologies / platforms (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, RedShift, Cloudera and AWS).
- Data management and Big Data Engineering e.g. complex ETL, data analysis, data mappings, advanced transformations
- Architect and utilize Big Data Platforms for Big Data projects
- Develop solutions in Agile fashion following Scrum process and Test-Driven approach enabled with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Develop solutions by applying industry best practices and coding standards
- Document architecture design by creating necessary architecture artifacts, including UML domain models, component and deployment diagrams. Document business requirements as user stories
- Design secure and compliant solutions by implementing necessary application security and following various regulatory laws (HIPAA, GDPR)
- Complex SQL, including Spark SQL, Hive QL
- Practical experience with ETL and big data processing
- Practical experience with RDBMS (any of the following - Oracle, PostgreS, MySQL, SQL Server)
- Practical experience with Hadoop e.g. Spark, Hive, Impala
- Practical experience with one of the following platforms: Apache Hadoop, AWS, GCP and Cloudera
- Experience in administering the Big Data platform infrastructure is a big plus
- Knowledge of Python, Scala is a big plus
- Experience is solving DevOps-related tasks will be a plus
- Experience designing and developing solutions using Agile software development approach
- Experience with OMOP CDM, OMOP Standardized Vocabularies, ATLAS and other tools, methods and standards developed by OHDSI community is a big plus
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB