We are looking for an experienced, strategic and highly creative Lead Copywriter; someone who has a knack for adopting and internalizing the personality and tone of a brand and consistently representing it in all written aspects. This person should have experience in writing copy for digital spaces but have a breadth of experience spanning print advertising to email marketing, e.g. short form to longer-form.
We’re looking for someone who wants to make a big impact and play a pivotal role in shaping the personality, tone, and voice of our fantastic lifestyle brand. We value a great sense of humor, bold creativity, strategic (yet quick) thinking, strong work ethic, and a collaborative attitude. The role sits within the Brand Creative team and reports to the Director of Brand and Communications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead copy direction and execution for all consumer-facing communications and assets
- Own and direct the brand voice and be a checkpoint for all consumer-facing communications, ensuring consistency in all assets
- In collaboration with the design team, brand management and other key stakeholders develop storytelling across all consumer touchpoints with our target consumer in mind
- Works closely with cross-functional teams and agency partners to a concept, execute and deliver seasonal marketing campaigns and assets
- Communicates and presents strategic concepts to management and senior leadership
- Assist and support PR, social, sales and corporate communications as needed
- Work with the creative project manager and art director to manage timelines and workload, and actively prioritize as needed
- Manage, mentor and guide direct report
- Mutually inspire and challenge other creative team members
- Stay up-to-date on competitive landscape, our products and processes, and brand and consumer trends.
- Experience writing compelling and creative marketing materials, and ability to tell interesting, simple and engaging brand and product stories through a copy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to brief and work with external partners, as well as creative counterparts, and communicate the strategy and goal of communications
- Ability to showcase bold, creative concepts through a copy
- Enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced, highly-entrepreneurial environment
- High EQ and strong interpersonal skills; a team player, positive go-getter, and all-around good person
- Ability to work efficiently and on multiple projects to meet tight deadlines; able to manage multiple and competing for work priorities, demands and changes
- Experience working within (and desire to work with) a creative team, cross-functionally and with an agency partner
- Ability to be a self-starter, initiate projects and gain
- A minimum of 8-10 years of professional writing experience
- B.A. in Writing, Communications, Journalism or a related field
- Agency experience strongly preferred
- Experience writing creative copy for consumer-facing print and digital
- Must have a portfolio of recent work within the last 5 years
- Experience working with a lifestyle brand that has multiple consumer targets a plus
Apply today to be considered!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB