Our client is seeking an experienced Content Lead - Thought Leadership Writer – Full- Time Contractor to work alongside our Content Strategy & Operations team through the rest of the year. The Content Lead – Thought Leadership Writer will support a top leader at our firm by collaborating to produce a regular cadence of content that will include long-form articles, LinkedIn articles, social posts and more. This role will work closely with our Head of Content Strategy & Operations, as well as leaders on our portfolio marketing team, to deliver lively and provocative thought leadership for our subject matter expert.
The Marketing & Communications team helps build the client brand, champion thought leadership, support business development and engage our past, present and future workforce.
Corporate Enterprise Functions operate the firm’s core internal functions. Our global teams comprise team-oriented, pragmatic and results-driven people who thrive in a challenging work environment. Our people come from diverse backgrounds but share a passion for quality customer service and dedication—whether our customer is a client or another employee.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail, working to create content that is interesting, credible, relevant, and unique in the market. Experience writing for the pharma or healthcare industries is highly desirable. It’s essential for this individual to have tried and tested experience writing technical B2B content while working with executive-level subject matter experts.
- Collaborate closely with our leader to deliver content aligned to their talking points, point of view and trends of interest
- Work closely with the Head of Content Strategy & Operations to make sure this thought leadership content supports the client content strategy and aligns with our firm’s major campaigns
- Ghostwrite short- and long-form content assets, including articles, infographics, white papers, presentation decks, social media messaging and more in the voice of our leader
- Support our leader with pre-event and post-event content associated with speaking engagements
- Express the ideas that are important to our leader in a compelling, relevant, and audience-focused way
- Recommend the appropriate content mix to suit the target audience’s consumption behaviors and preferences
- Guide our leader through the content development process, setting expectations and defining key milestones
- Work within client’s content collaboration and production management platform to deliver high-quality content on schedule
- Track the performance of the content assets you’ve developed in collaboration with colleagues in operations and digital roles, using data to continuously improve your work
- Follow industry news, trends and timely topics that are relevant to client’s audiences and apply it to strengthen the content you develop
- B.A./B.S. degree required, advanced degree welcome
- 5–10+ years of relevant work experience in a B2B environment
- Proven experience working with senior leaders and outstanding stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of or familiarity with writing for the pharma and healthcare industries, or for other complex industries such as financial services, is a strong plus
- Experience working on a mix of thought leadership, social and promotional content
- Understanding of how to create compelling social media content that follows best practices
- Expert knowledge of AP style and of using an in-house style guide
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and how to apply them to digital content
- Experience working with content management systems and project management platforms
- Proven ability to think creatively in response to diverse demands and projects
- The ability to influence others and negotiate to arrive at the best solutions
- Ability to flex morning schedule, if needed, to collaborate with team members in India
- Minimal travel required (~5%)
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB