Our client is looking to hire a Freelance Medical Editor on a part-time basis. The Medical Editor is responsible for high-quality editorial review of communication and marketing materials for both digital and traditional deliverables.
Demonstrates behavior expected of a professional member of the organization, including but not limited to:
- Copyedit materials to ensure consistency and conformance with established grammar, punctuation, and spelling rules and adherence to AMA, client, and house style guidelines and FDA regulations
- Substantively edit copy documents and collaborate with colleagues to ensure that the materials are factually accurate
- Proofread layout materials to ensure that they match approved copy exactly and that the format, organization, alignment, and spacing of copy and graphics are consistent and adhere to established standards
- Edit promotional and digital materials, including websites, e-mails, ads, iPad apps, and interactive materials
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure an overall high level of quality and client satisfaction with the work
- Review and provide feedback on job estimates and timelines
- 2-5+ years of medical editing experience, including experience with editing and fact-checking promotional healthcare materials and/or medical/scientific documents
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong medical editing skills, including substantive editing, fact-checking, researching, and referencing skills, and knowledge of American Medical Association (AMA) style
- Thorough understanding of grammar rules and comprehension of medical, pharmaceutical, and scientific terminology
- Strong skills in time management, prioritizing, organizing, researching, and problem solving, with attention to detail and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Familiarity with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations regarding promotional pharmaceutical advertising
- Ability to comprehend and edit scientific content when needed
- Experience working with digital deliverables
- Proficiency with standard software: Microsoft Windows, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook; Adobe Acrobat
Apply today to be considered!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB