Our client is seeking an events coordinator for a project opportunity to support the department in planning, coordinating, and executing Institute events (virtual, in-person, and hybrid) including conferences, workshops, meetings, seminars, symposia, and social events and activities taking place on and off the Institute’s campus.
- Provides administrative support in organizing and executing a variety of events for the institute by creating and maintaining a database of event information, tracking RSVPs and registration, creating event materials like portfolios and nametags, and addressing space and logistical needs for seminars and lectures.
- Handles all inquiries received through the department’s main phone and email inboxes; event diagraming and registration software, Social Tables; event data system, Salesforce; virtual event platforms, and space management software.
- Coordinates event-related plans, timelines, and logistics including location details, speaker arrangements, accommodations, on-site staffing, travel, transportation, parking, registration, catering, audio-visual, and other technical requirements.
- Research catering, travel, and hotel costs and work with events managers to put together draft budgets. Tracks expenses against event budgets.
- Travels onsite to handle event execution, support event technology needs.
- Troubleshoots issues and makes quick decisions regarding event participants’ needs, room set-ups, food set-ups, etc.
- Assists with operating audiovisual equipment, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned supporting other projects and team needs.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three or more years of administrative experience are required.
- Able to quickly learn new A/V technology.
- Exposure to meeting and event technology and virtual event platforms is highly desired.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Comfortable exploring and learning new technologies and working in a variety of databases.
- Strong hospitality and people skills; present self professionally, comfortable being a conversation starter.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, be flexible, and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple expectations and handle complex and confidential information with discretion.
- High energy and infectious positive attitude.
Apply today to be considered!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB