Our Boston-based major retail/e-commerce client is seeking to hire a Head of 3D Design Studio Operations on a direct-hire, permanent basis.
The right candidate will be able to apply strong instincts and industry (or related) experience in approaching our biggest challenges, while effectively partnering with adjacent and interdependent stakeholder partners to drive transformation. We are seeking an operational and quantitative decision-maker, a disruptive strategic thinker, and a leader who can partner with and challenge senior leadership and the status quo to think differently about how they approach the business of 3D imagery at scale.
The Head of 3D Design Studio Operations will lead a team of producers, QA analysts, technical producers, and R&D/automation engineers. They will partner closely with the Head of 3D Viz (who leads their 3D artist team and technical artist capability) and their 3D imagery/model operations team (largely offshore) to drive a collective, prioritized roadmap of transformation over the next 5-10 years, positioning our client to further differentiate and scale their capabilities in 3D, and expanding to new opportunities in emerging asset types and AR.
- Own the operational strategy and outlook for the full 3D Visualization org (currently ~150 employees across artist, production, post-production, technical, R&D, automation, and QA)
- Own resource planning, grounded in a data-driven demand forecast, validated with intuition
- Own process design and continuous improvement in partnership with artist leadership, partner with product, engineering, and artist team to rebuild the 3D pipeline and drive an ambitious tech roadmap to transform our 3D platform and tooling
- Organization planning and design (in collaboration with 3D artist leadership)
- Capability assessment and gap analysis (do we have the right people today to do the work that will be required tomorrow?)
- Lead the thinking on how our model needs to evolve to accommodate the significant growth and complex demands of our business – proactively and productively disrupt the status quo
- Drive efficiencies across all aspects of our work, from intake to delivery, from upfront planning through to retrospective learning, in collaboration with the artist leads, creative, and model/imagery operations
- Manage and evolve the data architecture and resulting analytics; drive the tools and technology roadmap supporting these
- Drive all 3D Visualization reporting and provide visibility for the executive team
- Oversee the hiring, onboarding, continuous learning, and relevant change management for the 3D Visualization organization
- Manage a team of ~50 Producers, Technical Directors, Engineers, and QA analysts
- 15+ years of experience managing large scale operations in a CG or 3D-related field (imagery, arch-viz, VFX, gaming, animation, etc.), OR
- 7 to 15 years experience in management consulting or related e-commerce content/tech-related industry
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership, and driving results
- Strong analytical foundation with a penchant for process and operations
- Intensely curious with an appreciation for technical artistry
- Versatile performer, capable of adapting as data-led insights evolve
- Prior experience recruiting and building high-performance teams
- Effective manager and collaborative colleague in a fast-paced working environment
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB