National Health Client is seeking a QA Manager experienced in Accessibility for a long term ongoing contract engagement. Potential for perm placement.
* 5 years accessibility and need some management exp - will manage team of 3 and work hands on
This person is responsible for supporting and equipping our engineering quality assurance teams to ensure successful delivery of our accessible digital products. This person will be managing a team of Accessibility Engineers and responsible for working hands-on supporting all aspects of integrating accessibility into manual and automated testing.
- Partner with Engineering QA in building A11y into manual and automated testing
- Understand how users experience products using Assistive Technology
- Helping understand what to test for and how to test to ensure feature functionality meets A11y AC (Acceptance Criteria)
- Manually testing key feature functionality to ensure A11y AC is met
- Partner with Engineering QA during testing, ensuring A11yAC is being met by:
- Ensuring feature functionality has A11y AC written / available
- Helping engineering QA team understand the A11y AC
- Answering technical how-to questions on testing A11y for Web, IOS & Android apps
- Helping engineering QA test and validate A11y AC
- Analyze validation test results looking for:
- training opportunities
- engineering methods needing correction
- components needing a11y refinements
- processes lacking appropriate a11y support
- Attend relevant stand-ups and status meetings
- 5 years in accessibility
- 1+ Years of Experience managing and mentoring
- Solid experience testing with all common screen readers (JAWS, NVDA,MAC/IOS VoiceOver, TalkBack),keyboard only,andother assistive technology
- Ability to interpret and advise on standards, principles and techniques for meeting accessibility success criteria (including WCAG 2.0 AA, WCAG 2.1 AA, and WAI-ARIA)
- Familiarity with Responsive Web Design and mobile apps
- Strong understanding of supporting products in a SAFe environment specifically how current/future work is scheduled to come through planning, design, engineering and 3rd-party validation efforts
- Knowledge of Rally, Teams, Confluence and other cooperation tools
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB