Our client, a National Health Organization, is seeking a Product Owner with experience in Accessibility to join them for a contract-to-perm hire engagement
We are looking for an Accessibility Product Owner with experience working in a fast-paced, startup like environment. As the APO you’ll work closely with the A11y Design and A11y Engineering teams to help manage and grow our digital platform and ecosystem by driving A11y into our integrated digital experiences. You will be an A11y champion across many teams, and will also partner with product owners, agile managers and leadership to mature the offering and ensure it exceeds the expectations of all customers and users.
- Lead A11y feature reviews and initiatives across Aetna Digital's products and platforms as a member of the A11y Engineering Team
- Help lead the team to success by working across groups to drive discussion & engagement, and create & track user stories in an agile software development life cycle
- Act as liaison between the Product and A11y Engineering team
- Assist Product teams in conceptualizing, planning and embedding A11y into features
- Collect and interpret data on progress toward accessibility milestones and metrics
- Ensure internal product stakeholders A11y needs /expectations are met and promote transparency by helping communicate through SAFe/SCRUM practice
- Assist with test plan iterations and management of improvements to the A11y process flow
- Ability to think from an end-user perspective
- Commitment to meeting high expectations of end users
- Ability to interpret and advise on standards, principles and techniques for meeting A11y success criteria (including WCAG 2.0 AA, WCAG 2.1 AA, and WAI-ARIA)
- Strong knowledge of assistive technologies (JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum practices (SAFe a plus)
- Experience leading cross functional project management initiatives
- Advanced communication/presentation skills needed to represent your team with stakeholders and management
- Provide leadership when necessary
- Familiarity with Responsive Web Design and mobile apps
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Strong understanding of supporting products in a SAFe environment specifically how current/future work is scheduled to come through planning, design, engineering and 3rd-party validation efforts
- Knowledge of Rally, Teams, Confluence and other cooperation tools
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB