Our client in the Greater Boston area is looking to make a direct hire for a Senior Director - Design. In this role, you will lead and manage a growing team of designers to help improve the web and mobile experiences of a specific iOS product. This role requires a hands-on leader. You will need to be collaborative and results-oriented and capable of driving change and delivering experiences to both users and clients alike. Ideally, candidates will have worked in a start-up environment in the past and are very capable of pivoting priorities as needed.
- Create and develop a UX strategy and vision for the company’s mobile and web experiences
- Define, create and execute your vision with roadmaps while collaborating with various other teams including, Product, Marketing, Content and Engineering
- Define goals and evaluate the needs of both clients and user to deliver value through the product and UX design process
- Drive UX initiatives from concept through evaluation
- Review UX design created by the team and ensure quality is on par with UX and brand standards
- Partner cross functionally with Engineering and Product Management during design and development
- Recruit, manage and mentor UX & UI designers on the team
- Ensure deadlines are met
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in UX, Design or other related field
- 8-10+ years’ experience in UX and design with an expertise in mobile design and IA
- Prior management and hiring experience
- Knowledge of Apple HIG & Google Material Design
- iOS mobile design
- Experience in both responsive and native mobile application design
- Expert proficiency in Figma and other digital design tools
All applicants must provide a resume and a portfolio showcasing a proven track record in creative consumer focused UX that solves complex design problems providing impact to customers and the business. Mobile application experience is required!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB