Our client, a nationally recognized household brand in the western suburbs is seeking a Brand Manager to join their marketing team. The ideal candidate will have experience planning, organizing, and directing the team to achieve departmental goals and objectives. In this position you will develop and execute plans that will ensure the viability of assigned brands.
- Propose, test and evaluate new strategic tactical approaches to all areas of the marketing/product development mix
- Ensure timely, high quality execution of plans in all areas outlined below while suggesting appropriate plan changes as dictated by ongoing business conditions
- Initiate, recommend, and secure management/interdepartmental agreement about all things related to the marketing strategy
- Maintain process to continuously develop new product ideas, leads research and system evaluation of new ideas to determine their consumer, trade, financial & operations viability
- Lead annual brand planning and budgeting efforts
- Manage and maintain output of advertising/media agencies while overseeing public relations brand campaigns
- Provide ongoing data-driven analysis and definition of key opportunities for maximizing volume/profit potential for assigned brands
- Assist Sales in developing brands' general merchandising strategies, financial guidelines, etc. on a data-driven basis
- Through individual guidance, mentor and coach brand personnel to succeed and grow in their positions, develop their skills and future potential, maintain a high level of knowledge in the marketing industry and understand/adhere to established Company policies, procedures, philosophies and business practices
- 3+ years experience managing brand
- Masters' degree in Marketing or MBA or its equivalent is required
- Proven strengths in leadership, analytical, strategic & tactical thinking, managing, developing & working with others & motivation & drive are essential
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.