Position: Brand Manager
Job Description: The Brand Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic business plans for assigned brand(s) and supporting the communication and measurement of Weiman’s corporate sustainability story. The focus will be on executing marketing programs, leading business and competitive analyses, and completing day-to-day business activities. This role will also be the marketing lead for integrating a new natural brand into the existing Weiman business; this will require extensive interaction with sales and supply chain, as well as exceptional attention to detail. The Brand Manager will have P&L responsibility to achieve the brand(s) financial goals and objectives. The position will interface with various departments including Sales, Product Development, Graphic Arts, Research and Development, Supply Chain, and Consumer Affairs.
- 4+ years’ experience in brand or product management in a CPG environment.
- Strong grasp of business analytics, including shipment and consumption reporting across brands and retail accounts, pricing strategy, and ROI evaluations.
- Proven ability to develop and lead execution of consumer marketing programs, including promotions, digital media, and third-party partnerships
- Prior responsibility for packaging development and execution, including agency management.
- Familiarity with new product development processes.
- Prior experience interfacing with sales teams and/or brokers within the mass, grocery, and DIY channels.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead a broad cross-functional team
- Experience with natural brands or sustainability strategies
- Develop, recommend, and implement strategic business plans for assigned brand(s).
- P&L ownership to achieve the brand(s) financial goals and objectives.
- Conduct shipment and consumption reporting and analysis, generating insights and recommendations to drive the business forward.
- Execute marketing programs and evaluate ROI, providing recommendations for new ideas and adjustments to current strategies.
- Serve as brand(s) equity owner and ensure consistency across all consumer-facing materials, including all packaging for assigned brand(s).
- Initiate and manage market research projects to deliver powerful consumer and customer insights to facilitate continued brand growth.
- Partner with R&D and product development teams to execute line extensions and new product launches.
- Partner with sales teams to develop customer communication materials for line reviews and other key meetings, and periodically attend as requested.
- Partner with sales and supply chain teams to integrate a new brand into the existing Weiman business
- Support the development and execution of the communication plan for the corporate Weiman sustainability story, and help lead a cross-functional team in measuring progress against established sustainability goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required (MBA desired) Reports To: Marketing Director
Working Location: Gurnee, Illinois Hours: 8am – 5pm
Employment Status: Full-Time Travel Required: Approximately 10-20%
Weiman® is the most recognized, trusted brand in premium surface care and the #1 choice of consumers who value preserving, protecting and beautifying their homes. Weiman products are available nationwide in mass retailers, supermarkets, hardware stores and home improvement centers under the Weiman®, Goo Gone®, Magic®, Natural Magic®, SCI® (Stone Care International), Gonzo® and OOPS!® brands and are known for their quality, convenience and innovation.
Weiman Healthcare Solutions is a market leader in the development and manufacturing of innovative products for surgical instrument cleaning, disinfection, sterilization and care. Weiman® offers a full spectrum of the highest quality products for the surgical instrument and environmental cleaning, care and disinfection processes that are critical for infection protection in all types of healthcare facilities.
Visit our website at www.weimanproducts.com.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.