Onward Search has an exciting freelance Buyer opportunity with a global e-commerce client in their Boston location. Our Client is looking for an individual who is driven and detail-oriented. This role will make you a valuable employee as you will work with staff across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make a purchase decision based on demand.
This role is a freelance opportunity looking to start immediately onsite at the client's Boston office. If you are interested, apply now!
- Purchase requests
- Purchase order issuance
- Supplier confirmation
- Progress tracking
- Posting receipts for payment
- Internal tracking sheets and reporting
- Inventory management
- Material handling and delivery, etc.
- Bachelors' degree or relevant experience (working in a manufacturing environment sourcing, purchasing, or managing mechanical products).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong bias for action.
- Highly effective oral and written English communication skills.
- The highest sense of urgency, attention to details.
- Supplier outreach and follow-up.
- Purchasing/Procurement or experience in Supply Chain.
- Knowledge of Coupa (can be trained), MS Outlook, MS Excel, Custom Obsession.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.