Our client based in Virginia is seeking a CG Lighting and Rendering Specialist to join them for a Full-time PERM Engagement onsite.
We are looking to hire experienced Lighting and Rendering Artists to work across client projects on a full-time basis in Reston, Virginia. The role requires a skilled artist with a strong grasp of the physical properties of light, shadow, color, and cameras. The ideal candidate has a passion for creating photo-realistic 3D images that can integrate cleanly with 2D components.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with the art leads to match scene lighting for integration of CG elements.
- Adjust materials and shaders when necessary to match the desired look.
- Manipulate 3D rig controls and blend shapes to bring life to the character and shot.
- Optimize render settings for efficient usage of rendering resources.
- Assist in improving the rendering pipeline workflow with new techniques or ideas.
- Create documentation on new techniques or changes to the rendering process.
- 2+ years experience as a 3D lighting artist or relevant portfolio.
- Highly knowledgeable in Maya.
- Strong eye for detail and skilled at matching natural or studio lighting.
- Understanding of lighting and rendering in Arnold and/or Redshift.
- Knows real-world camera settings and can mimic those in renders.
- Able to use time efficiently and keep organized.
- Open to taking direction and critique.
- Has to passion for the lighting and rendering process, particularly for characters.
- Experience with Nuke or Photoshop compositing is a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB