Onward Search is looking for a Sr. Copywriter to join our prominent agency client in Charlotte for an onsite contract-to-hire opportunity! The position is expected to require 40 hrs/wk and benefits are available during the contract period.
PLEASE NOTE: This position sits onsite in Charlotte, North Carolina, but candidates from outside of that market who are willing to relocate to Charlotte are encouraged to apply. However, please also note that this is a contract-to-hire role and relocation assistance will not be provided.
- Serve as the keeper of the voice for the brands in your charge. Whether you created the voice or just managing campaigns for that brand, you are responsible for keeping that voice consistent across all platforms and channels.
- You are responsible for keeping the rules of the brand consistent in its written and/or spoken form. All sub-brand names and/or unique spellings, particular phrases, or ways products, services or brands must also be kept consistent under your watch.
- After the language has been crafted, you will collaborate with visual designers to ensure the spirit of those words is communicated as intended. You understand that the way words are represented visually makes all the difference.
- While you are not expected to suggest specific changes in design, you are expected to speak up when the “voice” of the brand is off.
- When you work with a designer, an editor, a director or voice talent, it is not only the language, but also the end result that our audiences experience. You see this bigger picture and stay true to the voice of the brand.
- 5+ years of professional copywriting experience in an advertising agency or in-house agency environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Creative Writing, Marketing, or a similar field from an accredited university or college
- Strong presentation skills and ability to confidently and successfully present work both internally AND externally
- Ability to skillfully manage a high volume of work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and effectively communicate progress
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong examples of proven, innovative, modern copy REQUIRED and should be submitted at time of application.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB