Onward Search is hiring a PART-TIME Sr. Public Relations Writer for our agency client in Winston-Salem, NC.
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an Ad Copy role. You must be able to produce elevated, complex public relations writing. Corporate technical writing, PR writing, RFP, and ghostwriting experience are huge plusses.
- The expectation is that this role will require a consistent 20 hours/week, some of which would need to be completed onsite in Winston-Salem.
- This is an ongoing W2 contract role with no set end date.
- This role is perfect for a writer with an established freelance book of business!
We’re looking for a creative thinker with excellent writing and research skills to help us elevate that work as our go-to writer for all things PR copy, technical writing, RFPs, and the like. As a member of the creative team, our copywriter will write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including print, web, mobile, video, and social media), working closely with the accounts and design teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging for our national clients. The most successful copy writer will have versatile experience and samples!
Objectives of this Role
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment interacting with internal agency persons and corporate clients.
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action.
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Research and understand the client's needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in-person meetings
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials.
- Collaborate with a team of account managers and creative staff from concept development to delivery of final product
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team, and to client representative as needed, and participate in client pitches on occasion
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or related discipline
- 5+ years of professional writing experience. Must include years in areas outside of ad copy, such as PR, RFP, thought-leadership, ghostwriting, headlines, social.
- Exceptional writing and research skill
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Proofreading experience
- Experience working with content management systems, WordPress, etc.
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design.
- Work samples REQUIRED and should be submitted at time of application.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB