Onward Search is hiring a Sr. Financial Copywriter & Content Strategist on a full-time, perm basis for a client at their Wake Forest, NC office.
*NOTE: This position is remote for now during COVID but will eventually be on-site in the office in Wake Forest.
The right person for this role will be an awesome marketing writer with at least 5 years of professional writing experience, an effective content strategist, and an information architect who loves to create digital content. As a Copywriter and Content Strategist, you will help plan, write, edit, optimize, and deliver a wide variety of digital content for clients. You will also have the opportunity to help lead the internal content marketing initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Plan, organize, create and deliver content for websites, microsites, landing pages, digital tools and applications, e-mail campaigns, blogs, social media, content marketing campaigns, SEO and paid search initiatives, infographics and more
- Use data, research and customer/audience insights to create compelling digital content
- Perform content inventories; conduct content audits and gap analyses; and develop sitemaps, content models and information architectures for websites, microsites and more
- Perform competitive reviews, SEO audits and keyword research in order to help optimize content for client websites, SEM/SEO campaigns, and content marketing initiatives
- Conduct interviews with stakeholders, SMEs, users, and customers
- Provide mockups and wireframes for web pages, online tools and more
- Help define content standards, guidelines, procedures and processes for clients
- Measure and analyze data and important KPIs to determine what content is and isn’t working and use these insights to help optimize and improve the content
- Collaborate with other writers, designers, SEO experts, marketing managers, stakeholders and other team members (internally and client-side) to create better content and user experiences
Who Are We Looking For?
To succeed in this role, you must be a highly competent digital marketing writer/content strategist who:
- Excels at planning, writing and editing clear, compelling and engaging content that captures the attention of a specific digital audience and prompts that audience to take the desired action
- Knows how to organize and present content and key messages on-page and site-wide for large, complex websites
- Writes effectively for multiple digital platforms, including websites, email, mobile, social media and more
- Writes in a conversational style, turning jargon into everyday language and integrating keyword phrases into copy naturally
- Enjoys research and can become an expert on and write about a variety of topics in an authentic and meaningful way
- Can uncover and understand business goals and audience needs and create and deliver content that satisfies both
- Understands SEO best practices and the relationship between great content and SEO
- Has keen attention to detail, while still being able to see the big picture
You should also be a highly-organized, self-starting go-getter who:
- Welcomes challenges and solves problems independently
- Enjoys wearing different “hats” within a small, nimble team
- Loves to dig into and learn new tools and technologies
- Is constantly learning new skills and better ways to get things done
- Can juggle multiple projects and excels under pressure and tight deadlines
Finally, you must be a positive, honest, and dependable person who:
- Cares deeply about the quality of the work you produce
- Accepts responsibility for delivering projects on time and within budget
- Is poised and confident in interactions with clients and others
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or Communications
- 5+ years of experience as a digital marketing writer, content strategist, and/or content marketer
- Proven history of writing effectively for digital audiences
- Experience working on large website content rewrites
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Google Analytics (or another analytics program)
- Portfolio of work is required upon application
Any of the Following Is a Plus:
- Experience writing for the financial services industry (or other financial services marketing experience)
- Experience with prototyping, wireframing, UX or design
- Hands-on experience with Google Data Studio or Tableau
- Understanding of content management systems
- A background in SEM/SEO
- Understanding of social media marketing best practices
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB