Our client is seeking a Copy Editor.
Daily: Every day will be fast-paced, and you can expect to work on a range of projects. You will manage all daily editorial operations, including scheduling articles and copyediting all Daily Market Updates, News, Video scripts and freelance contributions. You’ll work closely with the Senior Content Producer to ensure all content is published on time and meets editorial standards.
Weekly: Continuously refine editorial processes to increase efficiency, content quality and adapt to user needs; collaborate with marketing partners to lead content distribution efforts; work with the Content Writer and external video partners to shape, create and revise content and manage all related logistics (video shoots, editing workflow, etc.); collaborate with Legal and Business partners to get content approved.
Quarterly: Work with the Head of Content, Writer and Senior Content Producer to refine and expand the editorial calendar.
- Have a proven track record of working under tight deadlines and implementing and managing editorial standards, deadlines and quality control
- Encyclopedic knowledge of editorial style guides, including AP Style, and publishing process flows
- Strong writing skills; will need to write headlines, captions, and other supplemental copy as needed
- Ability to use all standard software tools and, more importantly, the ability to learn new ones
- Proactive idea-generator and problem solver
- Demonstrated flexibility – able to shift strategies and tactics when required
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- More than five years of full-time editing experience for digital publications, with at least two years in a daily editorial management role
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB