Our client, a pharmaceutical organization, is looking for a Medical Writer or Medical Fact-Checker to join their team for a 1-year contract role with the possibility of extension!
Medical Writer Responsibilities:
- Checks claims in advertising and promotional documents against published sources before projects are submitted for Medical/Regulatory/Legal review.
- Ensures that suitable references are used to support all product and promotional claims in text, graphs, charts, tables, and statistical analyses.
- Creates annotated documents to be used with submitting/linking projects in Veeva PromoMats.
- Works with writers, editors, account managers, and Veeva submission specialist to project submissions are accurate, current, and compliant.
- Link claims to references in Veeva PromoMats, as needed.
- May be asked to research promotional claims and perform data mining, working with Clinical Study Reports (CSRs) and resources from the companies Library.
- Organizes and manages approved references on the company server.
Medical Writer Qualifications:
- BA/BS in a medical-related field (Biology or Chemistry), a BA/BS in Business, Communications, or Advertising, or equivalent business experience within the pharmaceutical or related industry.
- 3+ years of medical fact checking experience.
- Proven ability to research, understand, and interpret medical and scientific data.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and the Veeva PromoMats platform.
- Familiarity with regulations and standards related to promotion of pharmaceutical products.
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical advertising standards and AMA style guidelines.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and juggle multiple deadlines, without sacrificing quality or accuracy
- Analytical thinker and proactive problem solver
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with team members, as needed
- Advanced written, verbal, time management, and organizational skills
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB