Our agency client located in the Loop is seeking a Creative Director to join their media team.
This candidate will be someone with the tools and skills to create content that ranges from big ideas, to beautifully written and designed executions, exceptional social campaigns, to awe-inspiring experiential. A creative director with the imagination and ingenuity to help shape a project, campaign or pitch with insightful ideas, a sharp point of view, and a wide selection creative tools and skills - including an intimate understanding of video and design production. We’re also looking for a strategic thinker who is interested in helping to further build and develop a creative department that leads the charge in producing best in class, media fueled content.
- Content creation from start to finish: ideation, development (copy and design), presentation and production
- Work in lock-step with internal Starcom content creative, media partners and publishers, strategy, activation and client teams to create best in class consumer content experiences including on-air, digital, social, mobile and experiential campaigns
- Creative presentation and pitch deck design and creation
- Present creative to client teams and/or clients
- Report to and work/collaborate with the Director of Content
- Make smart, constructive use of creative direction and feedback
- Develop a deep understanding of client goals and objectives
- Participate in brainstorms for a variety of brand teams
- Ability to thrive in an environment that encourages consistent, daring, creative thinking
- Oversee a variety of projects at one time
- Keep up with design trends and technology (aka. Never stop learning and growing)
- Potential to manage and lead full-time and freelance junior Designers/Art Directors
- Four-year bachelor’s degree with concentration in an affiliated field: copywriting, design, art, marketing, advertising, communications
- 5+ years of progressive levels of responsibility within a creative agency, entertainment industry, or production company
- Understanding of main design software: Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, etc.
- Superior PowerPoint and Keynote skills
- Intimate knowledge of video editing, production and animation
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Superior collaboration and communication skills, including presenting creative and POV’s
- Ability to recognize quality creative opportunities
- Comfortable working with and around CEO’s and agency leads
- Sophisticated understanding of entertainment, consumer trends and insights
- Strong positive attitude, analytical aptitude, creativity, intelligence, organizational skills and a motivated spirit
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work successfully with teams on multiple projects under tight deadlines. High attention to detail. Comfort with ambiguity and change
- Success working in a fast-paced, high stakes environment
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB