Our client, an education institution in the northwest suburbs is seeking an Interim Technical Director for their Performing Arts space.
In this role you will oversee the daily logistics and execution of all technical requirements for all Performing Arts Center events and order materials to support technical specifications. You will also be responsible for the building and organizing of the physical components required to make productions aesthetically and functionally effective.
- Design and execute all set construction for performances managed by the Performing Arts Center (PAC)
- Recruit, hire, and oversee training of technicians, student assistants, and contractors
- Manage and supervise all technical associates, including student crews, contractors, and other technical employees for PAC events
- In collaboration with Production Coordinator and Department Chair, recruit and hire all guest designers and stage managers
- Order, purchase and maintain all elements of the PAC including lighting, computing equipment, audio, tools, and supplies
- Maintain the storage and cataloging of all technical elements as well as set pieces, costumes, props and make-up
- Work with the Production Coordinator to implement and plan all performances
- Coordinate with the House Manager to implement and organize events and receptions
- Coordinate with Media Services for video requirements as applicable
- Collaborate with colleagues on special projects involving the PAC or media productions
- Responsible for all seating and stage requirements at all PAC locations and special Center offsite facilities
- Coordinate with faculty and staff to implement outreach activities to the schools in the district to promote work and careers in the Theatre and Arts
- Bachelor’s degree in theater or other allied fine arts area with specific education and experience in set design/construction and lighting design is required
- 2 + years of experience in set design/construction and lighting design is required
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB